WhatsApp has been slowly rolling out its new Channels feature in different countries, and after a long wait, it’s now available in 150 countries. If you don’t know what WhatsApp Channels are and how to use them, then you’re in the right place. In this guide, you’ll learn about how to use WhatsApp Channels on iPhone
How to join WhatsApp Channels on iPhone
- Open WhatsApp on your iPhone.
- Head to the Updates tab.
- Scroll down and tap the plus (+) sign next to Channels → Select Find Channels.
- You can search for your favorite channel and tap the Plus (+) button next to the channel name to follow it.
How to create WhatsApp Channel on iPhone
- Open WhatsApp → Go to the Updates tab.
- Tap the Plus (+) button next to Channels → Select Create Channel.
- Select Get Started and go through the on-screen prompts.
- Enter a name for your channel, and you can add a description and icon now or later.
- Tap Create Channel to finish the process.
As of writing, only verified business accounts can create WhatsApp Channels. The feature is still being rolled out and will be made available to a wider audience soon.
Post updates in WhatsApp Channels
Once done, you’ll have your own WhatsApp Channel, and you’ll be able to share your updates as texts, videos, images, stickers, or polls. Here’s how you can share an update in WhatsApp Channels:
- Open WhatsApp on your iPhone and go to the Channels page.
- Select the channel you created earlier.
- Write your message in the text box or add videos, images, stickers, or polls.
- Tap the Send button once you’re ready to share the update to your WhatsApp Channel.
However, take note that once you share an update with your followers, they might be able to save the media you shared or take screenshots of the texts.
Try WhatsApp Channels on your iPhone!
WhatsApp Channels are a new and exciting way to share updates with your followers. You can also use it in organizations, schools, and places where only the admins should send messages. WhatsApp has already added a few channels to the app, which include popular actors, singers, and sports teams.
If you have any queries or suggestions regarding this guide, leave them in the comments below.